7 Awesome facts you may not know about your lady parts
Photo from DesignSwan.com
1. All the eggs you will ever have are produced between 16-20 weeks gestation.
That means if your amazing body ever housed a daughter, it also housed every potential grandchild you will ever have. Woah, talk about mind blowing.
2. The word “vagina” comes from the Latin root meaning “sheath for a sword.”
Um, cough… That’s what she said.
3. The vagina is a potential space.
Think of it like a sock without a foot in it. If nothing is holding it open, it collapses.
4. Your vagina can expand 200%.
At rest, your vagina is its own unique size (most are between 2-3 inches wide and about 3.5 inches long),but it can expand like a balloon while you’re giving birth or getting freaky with your partner.
5. What do beer, wine, tomatoes and your vagina all have in common?
pH of course! Your vagina has a pH of around 4which is the same as beer, wine and tomatoes.
6. Your egg is the largest human cell.
An ovum (or egg) is about 120 micrometers in diameter, just large enough to be seen
by the naked eye. Sperm in contrast, are the smallest human cells. Take that, boys!
Both contain squalene, a substance that exists in shark livers and vaginal lubricant. The shark’s brain also looks surprisingly like the female reproductive tract. Coincidence? I think not!
Lancaster Doulas Serves
Adams, Berks, Chester, Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Montgomery, Schuykill and York Counties